Admission to the Business programs offered by Symbiosis is via SNAP. If you are interested in SIBM or any other Institute under Symbiosis University, you need to register and apply for the academic programmes of SIBM and other institutes.
|1||Online Registrations for SNAP commences||September 3 2014||17.00hrs||snaptest.orgsiu.edu.in|
|2||SNAP Test Registration closes||November 26, 2014||24.00 hrs||snaptest.org|
|3||SNAP Test payment closes||November 29, 2014||24.00 hrs||snaptest.org|
|4||SNAP Test Admit Card available on website||December 06,2014 to December 21,2014||11.30hrs||snaptest.org|
|5||SNAP Test 2014||December 21,2014||14.00 hrs||30 Seats|
|6||SNAP Test Result||January 10, 2015||13.00hrs||snaptest.org|
Please look at the table below to decide which courses to apply to on the basis of your requirement.The courses which accept SNAP are
|Institute||Programme||Should You Apply ?||Score*|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune)||MBA||Yes||100+|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)||MBA||Yes||95+|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||MBA (IB)||Yes||90+|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru||MBA||May Be||60-75|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operation Management (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Mgmt)||Only If you are interested in Specific Courses|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune)||MBA (Innovation and Intrapreneurship)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)||MBA – IT & BM|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||M Sc (Computer Applications)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD)||MBA(Infrastructure Mgmt)|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||MBA (Agri Business)|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)||MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)||MBA(Telecom Mgmt)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS) – Only for Defence Personnel and Industry Sponsored Candidates||MBA||If Applicable|
*Scores based on public sources
For selection Weights to the Final Merit List will be as follows
|Personal Interaction(PI)||SNAP Score out of 180 scaled down to 50||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Group Exercise (GE)||Total|
Let us go through the SNAP application form and identify the possible mistake areas.
- Registration: Register for SNAP 2014 at https://oamssnap.blueshiftindia.com/SNAP/webSite/TERMS.aspx , make sure you fill up the data carefully. Multiple or duplicate registrations can lead to rejection of application and forfeiture of the fee.
- Name: You need to enter your Name & your Father’s Name exactly as it is printed in your HSC/SSC mark sheet or certificate. Do not convert initials to full name or vice-a-versa.
- Date of Birth: Same as mentioned in Mark Sheet of Class X / HSC
Category, Kashmiri Migrant, Visually Handicapped – Select whatever is applicable (but remember certificates will be required as well as verified at the later stage… All candidates claiming admission under DAC will be provisionally admitted under the said category. Thereafter, the candidate will be required to obtain an ‘Authentication Certificate’ from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) within one month of commencement of the program. SCHC will check validity of documents produced by the candidates and verify the continued existence and extent of the disability … So be prepared)
- Personal Health Information if any including Medication: This is not a mandatory column
- Contact Information: Correspondence Address. Email ID and Contact Number should be regularly used.
- Correspondence Information as well as Permanent Address is required
- Test City: This can be updated only once (So Be Careful !)
- Payment: For SNAP Exam it is only Rs 1500. Separate form for all other institutes. Each institute and course will separately cost INR 1000. Payment modes available are – Indian Bank Online Payment Gateway, Debit\Credit Card\Internet Banking, Cash Payment, Demand Draft. Applicant paying through DD, Cash need to send the DD\ Challan to Symbiosis Test Secretariat. If Candidate fails to do so, his form will be rejected
- Photograph: The upload photo should be in .jpg or .jpeg or .gif formats only and the photo size should be between 10 KB and 100 KB.
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following: Passport/ Driving license / College/ Identity Card / Credit card with photograph/ Voter ID Card/ Pan Card/ AADHAR Card (UID)
Please check the information entered in the online registration application form carefully while registering. Personal Details can be edited till November end
Finally, do not delay the registration process. Last minute Server & Internet issues have caused many people to lose their sleep.
One thing is clear the paper is very simple in comparison to CAT……its level is not tough. The only extra preparation required is for General Awareness
- General Knowledge: SNAP GK Section contains 40 questions includes questions on static and current GK. Questions from the field of business and commerce and required the students to be thorough with knowledge of Business, Foreign Policy, Sports, Movies and Government Policies, Physics, Chemistry, Constitution etc. Students can easily attempt 10-15 questions and that is all what is required to clear the cutoff marks for this section.
- Reasoning: Logical section in SNAP only has 30 questions but weightage given is 33.33%. Each question is 2 marks. This is a comparatively different section from CAT. SNAP includes reasoning on all kind of questions in comparison to CAT. SNAP paper might have FIJ, Deductive Logic & Logical Consistency, Arrangements, Blood Relation, Cubes , Analogy, Analytical Reasoning, Coding, Grid Based, Operators, Switching.
All the best!