POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ANALYTICS (PGDBA)
Jointly offered by IIT Kharagpur, IIM Calcutta and ISI Kolkata
The first batch of PGDBA at IIT Kharagpur, IIM Calcutta and ISI Kolkata concluded their session with excellent placements with all 51 students successfully placed. The highest package stood at Rs.33.67 lakh while the average package stood at Rs.17.14 lakh with a mix of both international and domestic companies.
With the successful closure of the first batch of PGDBA, students should look out for this course. Given that the program did not offer any guarantee for placements and still all the students were placed shows that companies have shown a good response for the placement drive and are seeking out managers with specialization in analytics. This article aims to provide insights to aspirants/students who seek more information about the course.
What is PGDBA?
The PGDBA is a 2-year full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur and ISI Kolkata.
Whom is it for?
For those seeking a management course with more focus on analysis and intellectual data interpretation. The course would provide hands-on experience in statistics and computation through a 6-month intensive industry training.
Difference between MBA and PGDBA?
MBA is a program that provides knowledge regarding all the different dimensions and aspects of a business such as finance, marketing, operations, human resource etc. PGDBA on the other hand introduces all these aspects and retains its focus on the Analytics and its business impacts and uses.
What is the advantage of doing PGDBA?
- The course brings in the expertise of three reputed institutes and students get to learn from the faculties at all the three campuses
- Intensive 6-month training for industry experience makes it stand out from MBA/PGDM which offers 2-months of internship in their curriculum.
- With Rs.16.20 lakhs as the programme fee and the average and highest package for the very first batch being Rs.17.14 and Rs. 33.67 respectively along with the fact that placement offers can only increase from here, makes it a desirable course for coming batches
- A niche course and specialization in Analytics makes it an industry attractive course. With companies such as Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, Directi, PwC US Advisory, Deloitte, Alvarez & Marsal and EXL Services etc. coming to the campuses for the first batch, shows a promising career and demand in the industry for such specialists.
- Also, the students get access to campus placement facilities of all three institutes.
What is the selection process?
- A written test followed by PI
Other institutes offering similar course:
- ISB (part-time certified program for 12 months)
- Great Lakes Chennai(executive program for 12 months)
- MISB Bocconi-Mumbai (2 years work ex required and comprises of 10 month of both offline and online learning)
- SPJain (6-month executive program)
The above listed Institutes offer specialization course in analytics to mostly working professionals and these courses are for 6-12 months. PGDBA offered by IIM-C, IIT-Kharagpur and ISI-Kolkata is one of a kind programme, with 2 years of learning, training and successful placements of the first batch itself. Thus, students seeking to make it to the field of analytics and statistics should definitely aim for this programme.
All the Best